Wednesday 13 November 2013

Playing with collage (makes me happy)


Wow, it's really quite a long time since I played with collage images. It used to be my art journal stand-by, something I always did. I guess we all move on and try new things, but it's great fun to re-visit old favourites.
Spider web stencil by Dutch Doobadoo

In my teensy-weensy mini moleskine sketchbook, I painted a background using broad and messy brush strokes, and then sponged paint through the Dutch Doobadoo spider web stencil in random areas to create interest and texture in the background. I haven't worked in this small journal for a while either, and I had also forgotten how fun and quick it is to journal on this miniature scale!


While I was on I decided to create another page at the same time ...... My paints are packed ready for a weekend of art journaling at The Artistic Stamper this coming weekend so I was on limited supplies and colours.


A few more touches of paint .... although you can still see the spider web ....


And then I added a combination of images by Tumblefish Studio and Crowabout Studio B (at Deviant Scrap). Again these image  designers are my faves, and I love to play about with them and create unusual combinations.


Have a look at the Dutch Doobadoo blog here, and international facebook page here for more details.

9 comments:

  1. these are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING Kate, because of you I have a little journal and LOVE playing in it! How fun is this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo love the colours!! Have a fabulous time down south! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous creations Kate, so colourful, love the collaged images
    hugs
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a fab time at Artistic Stamper! Thank so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a fab inky painty day at Artistic Stamper Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Limited supplies maybe, but just as vibrant and interesting as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doobadoo have some great stencils, but sadly no retail outlet in Australia. I did write to them, but they only supply retailers :(
    I did get a spider web stencil from Stencil Girl.... they do sell retail. Would have liked the Doobadoo spider's web one though

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!