Monday 31 December 2012

A year in journaling



So, did you manage to keep up all year?! I did, but just about! Life is permanently hectic and I find that the difficult bit is having the page for each month ready in time. Filling in each day takes very little time, as long as you have your page ready in the first place....

I am amazed at the ongoing popularity of this challenge; seems like many of you still want to play along and as always at the start of a new year there is renewed interest. If you are a newbie to this challenge then a very warm welcome to you :-)

Don't forget, every month you can link your creation on the blog here (where the link will remain open for the entire month), or on flickr here, and now there is a *new* and very active group on facebook here, so there are lots of ways for you to join in! And do have a look at what everyone else is creating - I am in awe at the creativity that is out there in cyberspace ... the calendar pages this year have been truly wonderful and inspiring. My heartfelt thanks to all of you that join in, play along and continue to make this challenge a success xoxox

One of the great things about keeping on top of this type of journaling is looking back over a completed year. I can now say with confidence that I know what I have been doing every day for the last three years. (Except for the days where I forgot to fill it in LOL!)

So, without further ado, here is my 2012:













2013? I'm ready! Bring it on!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!







27 comments:

  1. Once again I have good intentions.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pages, they are terrific. Hapy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years and here's to a CREATIVE 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting my calendar in 2013 and am so excited!! Already have the January page ready to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your calendar pages are great! Love them all. I am a newbie to this challenge, and I am so looking forward to do this. My page for January is just finished. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful year! May 2k13 be even better for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year everyone! I realy love to make the calendar, planning how to do and look back into it later on. I have started an artjournaling group to come together and make calendars every month. Thanks to you Kate, you will see this will be world wide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Decided I would give this a try this year as I have been admiring this project for about a year now. Question on your squares? Do you Modge pod on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the challenge! I use gel medium to attach my squares which is similar to Mod Podge. Hope that helps x

      Delete
  9. Wonderful pages, a real inspiration! I tried linking but had problems, still thanks for sharing all these lovely colorful pages with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Kate! If I can afford it this` year I'd like to get my hands on some of those dylusion inks..so bright! My favourite page is your October...so rich. I'm in again this year yipee. Happy New Year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the December w/ the little Santa hat & beard ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for, once again, hosting this fun calendar challenge! I don't conform very well but you help me stay on task and I try to encourage everyone I know to keep some sort of journal/diary. I love looking back on what has happened, big and small events, over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This newbie is ready. January 2013 done and February almost finished. Fingers crossed and art supplies ready that I can meet the challenge! Thanks for all the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found out about calendar journals a couple of days ago. I'll be working on January today. Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! I just love your December page. The Santa hat is adorable! Looking forward to participating again this year. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Using my Microsoft translator, I was able to leave my link and a comment. Your pages are always so very colorful and well done. I really MUST learn to do better, because I feel like I'm not really creating a colorful page, just a calendar. Thanks as always for your awesome inspiration. And count me in for 2013, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 2013 Kate! Thank you for hosting this challenge again. I began in Jan last year and have been hooked since. I love seeing all your calendar spreads together-what glorious color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 2013. Thank you for hosting 2013. Definitely participation this year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Kate and thank you for hosting the Calendar Challenge, I loved participating and surprised myself by completing the whole year :-) This year I am going to try something different but if you continue with the challenge next year I may be back. I will definitely be coming back to your blog because I love your bright, colourful artwork.
    Big love
    AJ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to play, too. What do I need to do to join in on all the fun?

    I absolutely love your calendar journal pages. Wow!

    blessings, denise :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am attempting my first calendar. My question is about dimensions. How large is your page and how large are your daily squares?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year.
    Thank you for continue this great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Was Able to link up correctly! So proud of myself! Ha! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!